Friday, April 1, 2011

Our Dreams are Coming True...Tomorrow we Travel!

It's here! It's here! It's here!!! We are leaving TOMORROW to go get our baby girl and bring her HOME!!!

We are so incredibly excited and thankful that this day has come at last! There have been days when the mountains seemed so big and I grappled with how big our God is....but through it all, He has shown me time and time again that He WILL and DOES move every mountain that rises before us! WHICH reminds me of a great song :-)

Our very good friends came up with a song for each of their girls when they were born and so, of course, they found the perfect one for their daughter whom they adopted from China. I've loved it and think of it so often, but truly did NOT want to be a copycat! But, last week, on American Idol, the group performed "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" and when I heard it, I couldn't even sit still...I thought I would burst! After all we have gone through to bring our Selah home, I want her to know that there just "ain't no mountain high enough, to keep us away from you, girl"!

Of course, I have to give you the lyrics, and you CAN'T just read them...promise me you will be singing! ;-) I KNOW you all know this song!!! Get out that hairbrush, or pencil, or whatever works as a microphone and sing it out just like you did when you were a kid! How can you not?

Listen, baby
Ain't no mountain high
Ain't no valley low
Ain't no river wide enough, baby

If you need me, call me
No matter where you are
No matter how far
Just call my name
I'll be there in a hurry
You don't have to worry

'Cause baby,
There ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough
Ain't no river wide enough
To keep me from getting to you

Remember the day
I set you free
I told you
You could always count on me
From that day on I made a vow
I'll be there when you want me
Some way,some how

'Cause baby,
There ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough
Ain't no river wide enough
To keep me from getting to you

No wind, no rain

My love is alive
Way down in my heart
Although we are miles apart
If you ever need a helping hand
I'll be there on the double
As fast as I can

Don't you know that
There ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough
Ain't no river wide enough
To keep me from getting to you

Don't you know that
There ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough
Ain't no river wide enough








 The mountains melt like wax before the Lord,before the Lord of all the earth. Psalm 97:5

BTW- I will be posting as often as possible from Bulgaria...depending on how much Miss Selah lets me :-)


7 comments:

  1. Safe travel to you. Can't wait to hear that you have your little girl in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip and I think the song is JUST PERFECT!!!!!!! Nothing says it better

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! I'm so excited for you!! Praying for safe and speedy travels and a beautiful GOTCHA day! Woo-Hoo! Love you Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! So happy for you guys. Have an awesome journey of a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect song! I am so excited for you! Praying for a safe trip tomorrow for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing but pure excitement for you. I will be thinking of you Sunday night as it will be Mon. am and you will be traveling to orphanage to get your girl. Just nothing better than that! Enjoy spring in Sofia! PTL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome song, perfect for what you guys have been through. Can;t wait to see pictures from Gotcha Day. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete